No fewer than 10 pro-Biafra activists have slammed charges against 16 top Nigerian Government, Army and Police officials before the US District Court for the District of Columbia by legal representatives .
PLATFORM TIMES gathered that the battle is being fought for the litigants by renowned United States Attorney, Mr. Bruce Fein, and his Partner, Mr. W. Bruce DelValle, who recently spent five days (August 19 to 24, 2017) in Nigeria.
The legal practitioners investigated the alleged killing and torture of unarmed pro-Biafra protesters, particularly 10 of them who were said to have either killed or tortured by Nigerian security forces during 2016 pro-Biafra protests in Aba, Abia State, Onitsha and Nkpor in Anambra State and Asaba in Delta State.
Court papers published on Tuesday by News Express indicated the full names of the 16 defendants as well as the charges against them.
(1) Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai: Culpability in the massacre and maiming of defenceless Shiite Muslims and pro-Biafra activists.
(2) Governor William Maduabuchi Obiano: Complicity in the 2nd and 17th December 2015 pro Biafra protest killings and the 29th and 30th May 2016 pro Biafra Heroes Day massacre in Anambra State.
(3) Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu: Complicity in the 18th and 29th January and 9th February 2016 IPOB massacre in Aba.
(4) Retired IGP Solomon Arase: (Allegedly ordered the maximum use of force and violent crackdown against unarmed and nonviolent pro Biafra protesters): Vicarious and operational culpability in the pro Biafra protests’ massacre/mass shootings.
(5) IGP Ibrahim Kpotum Idris: Operational culpability in the pro-Biafra protests’ massacre in his capacity then as AIG Federal OPS.
(6) DIG Habila Joshak (then CP Abia, now DIG OPS): Culpability in the pro-Biafra activists’ singing and rally massacre in Aba.
(7) AIG Hosea Karma (then CP Anambra, now AIG Zone 9): Culpability in the pro-Biafra protests’ massacre of 29th and 30th May 2016.
(8) Major Gen Ibrahim Attahiru (then GOC 82 Division, Enugu, and now Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole): Culpability in the pro-Biafra protests’ massacre of 29th and 30th May, 2016 in Anambra State and Asaba (Delta State) spill-over massacre.
(9) CP Babatunde Johnson Kokomo (then DCP OPS, Anambra, now CP Armaments at Force Headquarters): Culpability in the pro-Biafra protests’ massacre of 29th and 30th May 2016.
(10) Col Issah Mehadi Abdullahi (then Commander/Cantonment Commandant,
Onitsha 302 Artillery; now at NIPSS, Kuru near Jos): Culpability in the pro-Biafra jubilation and protests’ massacre of 17th December 2015 and 29th and 30th May 2016 in Anambra State.
(11) Major C.O. Ibrahim of Military Police Unit (leader of army massacre operations of 29th and 30th May, 2016 in Anambra State): Operational culpability in the pro-Biafra protests’ massacre (now Lt Col and Commander of Onitsha Military Police Unit of the Onitsha Military Cantonment).
(12) CSP James Oshim Nwafor (OC/SARS, Anambra during the 2nd December, 2015 joint massacre operations at Onitsha Niger Bridgehead, now O/C File at CP’s Admin Office, Awka): Culpability in the pro Biafra protests’ massacre.
(13) CSP Bassey Abang (OC/SARS, Anambra during 29th and 30th, May 2016 massacre, now OC/SARS, Abia State): Culpability in the pro-Biafra protests’ massacre.
(14) ACP Peter W. Nwagbara (he was Aba Area Commander during 9th February, 2016 IPOB massacre, now Police Area Commander of the Akwanga Area Command in Nasarawa State) culpability in the pro-Biafra protests’ massacre.
(15) Lt Col Sidi Umar Kasim (then Commander of 144 Battalion at Ukwa Ngwa that massacred IPOB activists on 9th of February, 2016 in Aba. 144 Battalion is a unit of 14 Brigade of Nigerian Army, Ohafia in Abia State, now at 14 Brigade, Ohafia): Culpability in the pro Biafra protests’ massacre.
(16) Retired SSS Director Musa Lawal Daura (SSS DG; his agency allegedly supplied hostile intelligence leading to the massacre in addition to participation of his men in the joint security taskforce or JTF that perpetrated the mass murder of pro Biafra activists): Culpability in the pro Biafra protests’ massacre.