There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies – Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.
Check out the things that you can do with it:-
1. Have you locked your keys in the car?
Does your car have remote key-less entry? This may come in handy someday.
Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.
Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.
Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other ‘ remote ‘ for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk)…
2. Hidden Battery Power
Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#
Your mobile will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery.
This reserve will get charged when you charge your mobile next time.
3. Make your phone snappy with faster animations
One of the most common complaints about Android is “lagginess.” For whatever reason Google has never been able to get Android on the same buttery smooth level as iOS or even Windows Phone. In the last few versions they have made some serious improvements, but if you still feel like your phone is a little laggy there is a trick for speeding things up. Google has hidden some secret developer options inside the Settings. Inside the secret developer options is settings for animation and transition speed. Here’s how to speed things up.
– Open Settings > About phone
– Scroll down and tap on “Build number” 7 times
– Now go back to Settings and you should see new “Developer options”
– Adjust the window and transition animation scales to .5x or turn them off completely
4. Locate and wipe your lost phone
Losing your phone is one of the worst things that can happen. These devices contain sensitive information and private data. If your phone falls into the wrong hands it could put you in a world of trouble. There are apps you can download to help in the event of a lost phone, but in order for them to work you need to have them installed before something bad happens. Luckily there is a built-in way to find your lost phone and even wipe all of your personal data.
– Double-check to make sure Android Device Manager is installed
– Go to google.com/android/device manager
– Select your phone from the menu
– Now you can see the location, ring it, lock it, or erase it