Estimated reading time: 5 minute(s)
The Osun State government has debunked the widely circulated that it is recruiting into the state’s civil service, urging the public to disregard such a misleading report.
Mr Adelani Baderinwa, the immediate past Osun Commissioner for Information and Strategy and presently the supervisor of the ministry, said this in Osogbo in a statement to NAN on Wednesday
He said the false recruitment report had been generating controversy, prompting the state government to clear the air.
“The state government is aware that a sum of N2000 is being paid by unsuspecting members of the public to a certain account for the purpose of getting a recruitment form.
“As at today, there is no recruitment in Osun and members of the public are advised not to pay any amount to anybody in the guise of paying for Osun civil service recruitment form.
“It is unwise and unexpected of a government that is struggling to pay full salary to its existing workers to engage in an unproductive recruitment exercise,’’ he said.
Baderinwa said that instead of recruiting new workers, the government would continue to concentrate on its capacity building programmes by training and retraining active workers to make them efficient in their various areas.
“This will add value to both the workers and the government and will no doubt give us the required productive civil service needed to drive the development of the state.
“We urge members of the public to disregard the rumoured recruitment exercise so that they will not fall victim of the scam.
“We urge the security agencies in the state to also investigate, arrest and prosecute all the job racketeers,” he added.