Estimated reading time: 5 minute(s)
The Senator representing Kaduna Central at the Senate, Shehu Sani, has warned tourists and any adventurer thinking of visiting Kaduna, to stay away, at least for now.
He said his advice was based on the observation that gunmen who have laid siege to the state meant business.
Sani made this known via his verified Twitter handle @ShehuSani on Sunday; just as the Kaduna State Government announced its partnership with the World Bank Group and the Rockefeller Foundation to launch what it called @ClickOnKaduna — a set of digital programmes designed to train youths aged 18-40 including women and disadvantaged groups with digital skills and digital entrepreneurship skills.
Sani had tweeted: “All those una wey wan come up here do tourism, escortion (excursion) or sightseeing, make una chill, these gunmen no dey joke, life no get double.”
On Saturday, two people were shot dead by persons suspected to be terrorists, while three others were abducted during a social gathering at Kajuru Castle, a popular resort in Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna.
Kaduna State Police Command on Sunday said one of the persons killed at Kajuru Castle was a British female expatriate, and identified her as Miss Faye Mooney.
The state Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Yakubu Sabo, who revealed this, said efforts were ongoing to safely recover those kidnapped and get the suspects arrested.
Earlier on Sunday (today), the Kaduna State Police Command said it had restored law and order on Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway after irate youths blocked the bypass over an alleged overnight kidnapping in Kaduna.