Estimated reading time: 3 minute(s)
The Nigerians In Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) said 261 Nigerians stranded in China have returned home.
The commission said 261 Stranded Nigerians in China returned on Tuesday, 25th August 2020 from Guangzhou, China via @flyairpeace flig.
It said “All evacuees are now on a 14-day Sself-isolation as mandated by @NCDCgov and Presidential Task Force on #Covid_19.”
PLATFORM TIMES had earlier reported the evacuation of the stranded persons from China, confirmed by the Nigerian Embassy in Beijing.
Since the first COVID-19 case was confirmed in Wuhan, China in December, thousands of Nigerians have been evacuated back home from across the world.
The evacuations became necessary after the pandemic forced commercial airlines to close up shop as countries restricted inter-border travel