Estimated reading time: 4 minute(s)
The Deputy Commandant General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) for the Ondo election, Kelechi Madu has said that voters without face mask will not be allowed to vote tomorrow at the Ondo polls.
He said that of the 7079 NSCDC men deployed for 1.4 million registered voters for the Ondo election, half will be assigned to the southern part of the state which has been marked as a hot spot.
Madu who was in charge of the NSCDC team deployed for the Edo elections, made this assertion while speaking on Channels Television’s Politics today, Friday Night.
In his words, “When we went back to the headquarters after the Edo election, we were blamed for not fully implementing the Covid-19 safety protocols but this time around we were specifically informed to fully ensure adherence to this safety measures, so, no face mask no voting.
“We are aware that the southern part of the state being the oil region and with water ways will require attention, so half of all officers deployed will be posted there. We have 7079 officers on ground for the election and we will also be assisted by the Nigerian Navy in that region, they have been doing well on the water ways.”
Despite describing the Ondo people as peaceful, he added that the entire security team had already sent warning signals to possible security threats.
“Ondo people are peaceful people but the black spots we have identified, we have done a sweep by show of force to give a warning signal”, Madu added.