Estimated reading time: 7 minute(s)
Olayomi Koiki, the spokesperson of Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, better known as Sunday Igboho has said two persons have been killed during an early morning attack on the Igboho’s residence in the Soka area of Ibadan, Oyo State.
PLATFORM TIMES gathered that cars and walls of the house were riddled with bullets during the invasion.
It was further gathered that some of the occupants of the house were said to have been whisked away by the invaders who were claimed to have dressed in military camouflage.
Koiki while confirming the death said “the situation now is very bad.
“Two Yoruba sons have been killed in the house of Chief Sunday Igboho. The two dead bodies have been taken away by the military.
“We do not know of the location where they were taken to,” the aide said in Facebook Live.
Koiki, who said the house was attacked around 1am on Thursday, also alleged the identities of the attackers to be soldiers.
He said “I can confirm that those who came are definitely Nigerian soldiers. There are more than 100 soldiers that came.
“The situation is very active as more security operatives in about seven Nigerian Army patrol vans have arrived.
“He (Sunday Igboho) is currently safe.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in Oyo State, Adewale Osifeso, when contacted, said he also heard about the invasion but he would find out to know what happened.
PLATFORM TIMES reports that the attack is coming less than hours to a planned rally for the secession of ‘Yoruba Nation’ in Lagos State.
Igboho had been going across the South-West geopolitical zone to crusade his secessionist campaign, citing injustice meted out to the people of the region as well as worsening insecurity as reasons for his agitation.
Thursday attack is one of the many reported attacks on Igboho and his Ibadan residence since January 2021 when he issued a seven-day ultimatum to killer herders in the Ibarapa area of Oyo State.
On January 26, 2021, some faceless hoodlums reportedly attacked the Soka residence of Igboho also in Ibadan and gutted the house.
Pandemonium had broken out on February 26, 2021 along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway when Igboho and his supporters were on their way to meet with 93-year-old Afenifere chieftain, Ayo Adebanjo.
In a viral video, a shirtless Igboho was seen with his men daring security operatives and throwing expletives at the operatives identified as men of the Department of State Services but the attempt failed and the DSS subsequently denied the attempted arrest.