Estimated reading time: 15 minute(s)
The Chairman of Obafemi Owode Local Government, Ambassador Adesina Ogunsola has been described as one of the few council bosses in the state doing great things in their first 100 days in office.
The All Progressives Congress stalwarts in Obafemi Owode during the celebration of Ogunsola’s 100 days as council chairman were surprised with the achievements he made in the last three months.
The APC leaders were taken round the Obafemi-Owode secretariat to inspect the development that has taken place in the last 100 days.
Speaking with newsmen, the chairman of APC in the LG, Chief Emmanuel Olaotan commended Ogunsola for turning around the “moribund” secretariat.
Olaotan added, “In fact, it is marvelous. To God be the glory. He has really tried for the past 100 days.
“I was at the LG secretariat today to commensurate with them; to thank God with them.
“When I saw all the work done at the LG, I was very happy.”
The party chairman, however, urged Ogunsola to keep the good work going.
“I just have to pray for him that God will give him more blessing, more wisdom in order to continue the strive.
“Because as you can see him, he has been in the system for long. He knows the nooks and corners of the game. He has been a secretary for 6 or 7 years, so he knows the rudiments of the game. He needs not to be told before he do the needful”, Chief Olaotan concluded.
Another party leader, Kola Shorinola stressed that the Obafemi-Owode local government has taken a new look under the leadership of Ogunsola.
Shorinola while expressing his heartfelt gratitude noted that Ogunsola’s predecessor had backlog of uncompleted works which are now under construction.
Shorinola said, “Well, it is quite remarkable. It is something to really be glad about because this place have been here and it was virtually dead and for somebody to think that within 100 days he can make it a useful place, I think we should commend him.
“They have met a lot of backlog of things that have been left undone, and that are really going to consume their energy and their time, but they should not get discourage because it is not over until it is over.”
While extolling the infrastructural improvement of Obafemi-Owode in the 100 days in office of Ogunsola, the Special Adviser to Governor Dapo Abiodun on Work and infrastructure, Engr. Babatunde Adesina, insisted that the achievements are laudable.
Adesina stressed that the renovation done by the Ogunsola led-administration is praiseworthy.
“I must confess I am so much impressed. I have been here for sometime and what I have seen today is a partially new secretariat. It has been well renovated. We went through, we saw the machinery and it has been refurbished. The plants, the grinder, the payloader have been refurbished.
“And we can see new constructions going on. They are constructing a new mini-hall. All these are good for the first 100 days”, the Special Adviser submitted.
Giving his 100 days scorecard, Ogunsola said the records are due to the support shown by various stakeholders in the local government.
He explained that willingness nurtured by experience had made him executed the 24 project within the last few months as council boss.
He further reiterated his commitment in ensuring the people at the grassroots experienced the dividends of democracy.
His words: ” No doubt, the challenges at this level of government are enormous, considering the fact that it is the closest government to the grassroots.
“When you carry everybody along, and open up the democratic chance, you will give everybody the opportunity to contribute and they will be able to come to develop and contribute to the progress of the administration.”
The Chairman also claimed that his administration had ensured that the LG is well secure against any form of attack.
In his statement, “We have shared ideas with the security agents to be proactive and, the issue of security has been taken seriously by me because safety for one is safety for all.”
Projects carried out by the Obafemi-Owode chairman in 100 days were:
(1) Proposed and unveiling of ultra modern trailer park, Degbe, Alapako
(2) Extensive Renovation and refurbishment of Chairman and Vice Chairman’s
(3) Ongoing Construction of Ultra Modern Shopping Complex at Magboro
(4) Complete overhauling of Komatsu Engine and purchasing of Six new Tires
(5) Grading of road verges SIun-Owode Road.
(6) Extensive Rehabilitation and refurbishment of Obafemi/Owode
(7) Extensive Renovation and Refurbishment of Head of Local Government
Administration and Secretary to the Local Government’s Office.
(8) Renovation of Ajura Health Centre
(9) Renovation of Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation Blocks.
(10) Renovation of Information, Education and Sports Blocks.
(11) Ongoing Reconstruction and Modernization of Obafemi/Owode Viewing Centre.
(12) Renovation of Community and Social Development Blocks.
(13) Renovation of Agriculture and Natural Resources Blocks.
(14) Distribution of Writing Materials to Pupils in Methodist Primary School, Oyero Kajola.
(15) Distribution of writing materials to pupils in Anglican Church Primary School Laloko/Ebenezer Anglican Primary School, Igbooya, Onidundu.
(16) Distribution of writing materials to pupils in Obafemi/Owode Local Government Primary School, Imo-ljiwo, Mokoloki.
(17) Distribution of writing materials to students of Adesan Community High School, Mowe.
(18) Refurbishing of Local Government Rate Bus.
(19) Proposed Bodude Ultra Modern Market, ExpresS way, Mowe.
(20) Proposed 50 units low cost Housing Estate.
(21) Refurbishing of MIKANO 60KV Generating Set.
(22) Purchase of drugs for distribution to all Health facilities of the Local Government.
(23) Refurbishing of official vehicle attached to Finance and Supplies Department.
(24) Renovation of Planning, Research and statisticS’ Blocks.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
FOOTNOTE: Do you want to share a story with us? Do you want to advertise with us? Do you need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348183319097 or email: email@example.com