Estimated reading time: 4 minute(s)
The Theatre Commander, North East ‘Operation Hadin Kai’, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, has said over 79,000 insurgents comprising combatants and non-combatants have so far surrendered.
Musa made this known in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital while briefing newsmen on the recent success of the command.
The commander said the sustained onslaught on the insurgents under the kinetic and non-kenetic approaches led to the mass surrender.
He stated that the move led to need to have additional camps in Maiduguri to host the repentants that were being sorted out to identify the combatants and not combatants.
He lauded the support from the public, which he described as “unsung heroes” and urged them to sustain the tempo for a speedy end to the conflict.
“We are really happy with the way the members of the public were cooperating with us; they see the sincerity in what we are doing.
“We are committed to the human rights charter and the rules of engagement in our operations,” Musa said.
Also speaking on the recent success, the General Officer Commanding ( GOC), 7 Division, Maiduguri, Maj.- Gen. Waidi Shuaibu, said within the period under review, three more Chibok girls were also rescued.
Shuaibu said the girls rescued were Falmata Lawan, Asabe Ali, and Jinkal Yama, who are on serial number three, 12 and 20, respectively on the list of abducted Chibok girls.
He said the girls were rescued separately in Bama axis on August 30, September 1, and September 2 respectively.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
FOOTNOTE: Do you want to share a story with us? Do you want to advertise with us? Do you need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348183319097 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org