Estimated reading time: 22 minute(s)
Ogun state Governor Dapo Abiodun on Monday, made 10 promises to the people of Arepo in the Obafemi-Owode local government area of the state ahead of the coming election .
Abiodun made the promises during the commissioning of 2.35km Arepo Road after years of hardship and expectations from the people.
Abiodun in his promises said “. Let me reassure our people that the reconstruction, rehabilitation will continue in the 20 local governments of our dear state. We Will Continue Construction till all roads become motorable in Ogun State. We will continue to fulfill our promises to all parts of Ogun State.
2. “We will continue to look out for, cater for, and attend to the welfare, wellbeing and wellness of our people no matter where they live in this state at all times.
3. “Under my watch, I promise, we will complete all inherited projects that will add benefit to the social economic development of this state.
4. “It is also a promise that no session of this state will develop at the expense of another. Genuine development must be people centered. We will remain participatory, responsive and inclusive to always involve you (people of Ogun State) in the decision making on issues that affect you.
5.” We will continue to ensure that this state occupies it’s place in the committee of states in this country. Today’s event is a pointer to each fact that the Acronym ‘I’ which stands for Infrastructure emphasizes that only well articulated, planning, and development of infrastructure within the state will serve as the impetus to draw the much needed investors to our dear state.
So, we are constructing new roads, designing and reconstructing the existing ones to meet the world standard.
6. “We want to enjoin you that in the next few weeks, you will see us commission roads every week. We have roads to be commissioned every week till the day we go for the ballot.
7. “We are working assiduously to see the development of all other sectors of our economy including health, education, agriculture and so on and forth. Our efforts since we came onboard, in 2019, have been geared towards ensuring that all our sectors are developed together, and not one at the expense of another.
That is why we have embarked upon the various developmental projects across the state.
8. “We are determined to raise the bar of Road construction in Ogun State. We have constructed the most roads in Ogun Central Senatorial District.
9. “Today is 14th of November, as I am standing here before you as the governor of Ogun State, and by the power given to me, I am promising you that in the next three to four months, you will have a world class primary health centre here. but it is important that you have accessible roads. We would ensure the health care centre has a standard facility, and I will also ensure that there is provision for ambulance.
10. “We have just constructed your road, we have promised to give you a primary health centre, now you want a civic center. Engineer Akinsanya, I am instructing you to inspect this civic centre, and prepare for us to complete this civic center to a standard that is befitting for our journalist.”
The governor who described the previous state of the road as “untold nightmare and hardship”, added that the previous government had failed to construct the road, subjecting the people to hardship.
In his words, “You will recall during my campaign in 2018/2019 when I promised that I would reconstruct these roads as it had become a night causing untold hardship to people of the community.
“It was left unattended to by the previous government. All they did was a signboard, saying ‘we are going to reconstruct this road’, that was how they started and how they ended. Abiodun said.
The Ogun State Governor added that the road, reconstructed and designed to stand the test of time and to meet up with the modern standard
He said, “It is made of interlocking stones as a result of it’s peculiarity. We have road sign, street light, drainages constructed etc.
“It is therefore with a sense of duty, that I will formally move to commission this Arepo Road, Journalist Estate, Arepo, Ogun State.”
The commissioning held at the Journalist Estate Arepo was graced with the presence of traditional rulers and eminent guests.
Among the guests in attendance were the royal fathers; Oba Alake of Egbaland, Micheal Adedotun Gbadebo; Olu Of Arepo Land, Oba Solomon Atanda Oyebi; Akarigbo Of Remo land, Oba. Babatunde Adewale Ajayi; amongst others.
Eminent Stakeholders present at the commissioning were the Deputy State Governor, Engr. Noimat Salako; Ogun APC State Chairman, Sanusi ; Mrs Olufunke Fadugba, Former Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Lagos; amongst others.
Speaking at the event, the Olu Of Arepo Land, Oba Solomon Atanda Oyebi expressed gratitude to the State Governor for fulfilling his promises to the people.
The king explained that Governor Dapo Abiodun had come to the people of Arepo at the point of need when people had given up hope on the possible reconstruction of the road.
The king disclosed that the road which used to be water lodged had prevented many businesses and industrial development to the community.
In his words, “we thank Governor Dapo Abiodun for his love and concern for the people by constructing the Arepo Road.
“It was surprising for us as many didn’t expect this to happen so soon and with this administration considering the failure of past administrations to bring the road construction to reality.
“Before the governor’s intervention, the road used to be so bad that people who came to visit me in the palace often tell me they couldn’t bring their vehicles in due to the bad road, but God gave us Abiodun to bring our suffering to an end.
“This construction has shown that our governor is someone we can trust and entrust our votes to for a second time.” He submitted.
In addition, Mr Adesina Ogunsola, the Chairman, Obafemi Owode local government, appreciated the governor for what he had done so far in infrastructural development of the council area.
” The Arepo road has been abandoned for a long. The construction has made the road to be first of its kind in Obafemi Owode local government,” he said.
The community had reportedly been at the kneel of the government, clamouring for a well equipped health care centre for its people as residents have always complained of the pains and risk of not having on at arm’s length.
Veteran Journalist, Funke Fadugbe, who addressed the governor at the media chat urged the governor to keep the good work up by constructing health care centre and renovating the civic centre.
Fortunes smiled on the people of Arepo when the governor stood up, out of what could be sheer luck of the people of Arepo or the governor’s genrousity, and promised to give them health centre in three to four months.
In his words, “Today is 14th of November, as I am standing here before you as the governor of Ogun State, and by the power given to me, I am promising you that in the next three to four months, we will build a world class health care centre here for the people of Arepo.
“We would ensure the health care centre has a standard facility to aid the functionality of the primary health care centre, I will also ensure that there is provision for ambulance.
“We have just constructed your road, we have promised to give you a primary health centre, now you want a civic center. Engineer Akinsanya, I am instructing you to inspect this civic centre, and prepare for us to complete this civic center to a standard that is befitting for our journalist.” He ordered.
“For the umpteenth time, I want to assure the people of Ogun State that my administration will continue to be open to all suggestions as regards the development of the state,” Abiodun reiterated as he delved into 2023 talks.
“As the 2023 election is coming near, let me stress that the people, especially our youths, should be very careful of the politicians that they support or vote for.
“Do not be deceived by unscrupulous politicians who are only after their selfish ambition. Support and vote for credible candidates, who will bring prosperity to our people.” Abiodun warned sternly while rekining his position in the people’s heart.
“At this point, I appreciate the people behind the successful completion of this project, particularly the ministry of works and infrastructure, and all stakeholders whom without their support, we wouldn’t have been able to complete the project and be gathered here to witness this historic day.” He submitted.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
FOOTNOTE: Do you want to share a story with us? Do you want to advertise with us? Do you need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348183319097 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org