The Ogun State Police Command has arrested a 25-year-old man over the alleged stabbing of five persons, which left two dead and three others critically injured in the Olambe area of Ifo Local Government Area of the state. Police spokesperson, DSP Okuseyi Babaseyi, confirmed the incident in a statement on Wednesday in Abeokuta, describing the attack as a violent fallout from unresolved business disputes. According to him, the attack occurred in the early hours of Tuesday, April 7, at about 1:38 a.m., when the suspect allegedly armed himself with a knife and attacked the victims. He said two of the…
Author: Platform Times Newspaper
A member of the Plateau State House of Assembly, representing Barkin Ladi Constituency, Dickson Chollom, has insisted that the perpetrators of recent deadly attacks in the state are no longer unknown, calling for transparency and decisive action from security agencies. Chollom made the declaration during a sympathy and fact-finding visit to Heipang District in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area, following a violent attack that claimed three lives and left another victim critically injured. The victims were identified as Marvin Choji (23), Bitrus Choji (24), and Daniel Dung (59), while Stephen Davou (48) is currently receiving treatment for severe injuries sustained…
Electricity distribution companies (DisCos) in Nigeria collected a total of N204.74 billion in January 2026 despite widespread power outages that left many parts of the country in darkness, according to data from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC). The figures highlight a striking contrast between worsening electricity supply and rising revenue collection by the DisCos, raising fresh concerns over consumer burden and sector inefficiencies. NERC data showed that power generation plunged sharply in January following a gas supply crisis triggered by outstanding debts of over $1.3 billion owed to gas suppliers by power generation companies. The development forced a drastic…
… US President Alleges Story Originated From ‘Fake’ Nigerian Website … Nigerian Media Yet To Be Linked To Disputed Claim Daud Olatunji United States President, Donald Trump, has sparked fresh controversy in the ongoing US-Israel-Iran tensions after alleging that a disputed ceasefire report circulated by CNN originated from a “fake news” website in Nigeria. Trump, who made the claim while reacting to CNN’s coverage of the ceasefire agreement announced late Tuesday, insisted that the report was fraudulent and based on unverified information traced to Nigeria. The American leader had earlier issued a deadline for possible military action against Iran before…
A faction of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) led by former Senate President, David Mark, on Wednesday held a high-level meeting with a rival bloc of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) headed by Kabiru Turaki in Abuja, amid intensifying crises within both opposition parties. The closed-door talks, according to findings by PLATFORM TIMES, are part of ongoing efforts to forge a broad opposition alliance ahead of the 2027 general elections. Prominent political heavyweights attended the meeting, including former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, ex-Kano State governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Senator Aminu Tambuwal, former Attorney-General of the Federation Abubakar Malami, and ex-Minister of Transportation…
The Ogun State Government has approved the appointment of Basorun Peter Oluwole Ogunbayo as the new Odemo of Isara Remo in Remo North Local Government Area. PLATFORM TIMES reports that the approval was granted by Governor Dapo Abiodun on Tuesday, following ratification by the State Executive Council. The government said the appointment forms part of ongoing efforts to strengthen traditional institutions and deepen grassroots governance across the state. Ogunbayo, from the Otete Ruling House of Isara Remo, was born on April 23, 1970, and is described as a seasoned businessman and community leader with longstanding ties to the town. He…
A United States-based lobbying firm engaged by former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has vowed to push for sanctions against officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission and politicians found culpable of electoral malpractice in Nigeria. The firm, Von Batten-Montague-York, said it would recommend punitive measures, including asset freezes and travel bans, against individuals accused of undermining the country’s electoral process. In a statement released on Wednesday via its official X handle, the Washington-based outfit declared that it would begin identifying and spotlighting electoral offenders for possible sanctions by the US government. It stated, “We will recommend to the Office of the…
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has sentenced four members of Boko Haram to life imprisonment, following their conviction on terrorism-related charges. The trial judge, James Omotosho, delivered the judgement on Tuesday after the defendants pleaded guilty to multiple counts brought against them by the Federal Government. Those handed life sentences are Ali Abiso, Bakura Abah Kabiru, Ado, also known as Luka Garba, and Babagoni Masawai. The prosecution, led by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi, alongside the Director of Public Prosecutions of the Federation, Rotimi Oyedepo, relied on confessional statements and investigation reports…
A dismissed Nigerian soldier, Rotimi Olamilekan, popularly known as Soja Boi, has reignited controversy over the welfare of military personnel, challenging the Nigerian Army to make its payroll public while presenting bank transaction alerts he claims reflect the true earnings of soldiers. Olamilekan, a former lance corporal with service number 18NA/77/1009, made the claims in a video circulated on Tuesday, shortly after the Army dismissed his earlier allegations as “false and misleading.” In the footage, the ex-soldier displayed three bank alerts purportedly received during his service, insisting they substantiate his position that soldiers earn modest wages and often bear the…
The 2023 presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party, Adewole Adebayo, has ruled out any coalition with the African Democratic Congress ahead of the 2027 general elections, insisting that the party will not compromise its standards by accommodating politicians with questionable records. Adebayo disclosed this on Wednesday while speaking on Frontline, a current affairs programme on Eagle 102.5 FM, Ilese-Ijebu, Ogun State, where he confirmed that key figures within the ADC had approached the SDP for a political alliance aimed at unseating President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The former presidential candidate, however, said the SDP rejected the overtures, stressing that its…
