Author:

Bauchi State Governor Bala Mohammed has hit out at Federal Capital Terrritory, FCT, Minister Nyesom Wike, calling him a frustrated politician. Mohammed was reacting to Wike’s threat to “put fire” in the states of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governors for showing solidarity to Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara. DAILY POST recalls that the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum, PDP-GF, had earlier berated the minister for making the threat. Reacting to Wike’s threat while receiving members of the PDP National Working Committee in Bauchi on Tuesday, Mohammed described Wike as a frustrated politician. He also stated that disagreements within the party…

Read More

Streets in Ilesa town are deserted and businesses have been under lock and key as traditionalists priests observe sacred rituals for the late Owa Obokun Adimula of Ijesaland, Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran. DAILY POST observed that the town has remained deserted and under lockdown following a sit-at-home order issued by the traditional priests to honour the monarch. The curfew (Oro) which started at 10:00 pm on Monday, September 16 and lasted until 2:00 pm on Tuesday, September 17, was imposed to ensure that the traditional rites of passage for the late king were performed in secrecy, in accordance with the…

Read More

The Lagos State Government has threatened to demolish 280 illegal structures to avert the creation of slums, distortion of the state masterplan and erosion of coastal areas. The Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure Development, Ekundayo Alebiosu, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday. Alebiosu said notices have been issued to over 280 illegal property owners and occupiers in the Mayegun Waterfront Scheme, located in the Eti Osa Local Government area of the state. According to him, the contravention notices required the occupants to provide relevant documentation and approvals that justify their occupation of the properties in question within seven days of…

Read More

Former Chelsea defender Glen Johnson has has shared his thoughts on the Blues’ failure to sign Victor Osimhen The West London club were linked with Osimhen all summer but eventually missed out on the Nigerian. The Premier League giants made spirited efforts to sign the forward on transfer deadline day but failed to strike a deal with the player. The 25-year-old instead joined Turkish Super Lig champions, Galatasaray on a season-long loan deal. Johnson said his former club ought to have signed the powerful striker to bolster their young squad. “The obvious one would be Victor Osimhen. He was the…

Read More

The Lagos State Police Command on Tuesday arraigned a 36-year-old man, Aminu Shanaki, for allegedly abducting a child. Shanaki is facing a two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court. He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge. Earlier, the prosecutor, Inspector John Iberedem, informed the court that the defendant committed the offences on September 7 at Kola Bus Stop in the Alagbado area Lagos. Iberedem said that the defendant stole a child belonging to the complainant, Mrs Kausara Olaegbe. He said that the defendant was caught by passers-by, who handed him over to the police. The…

Read More

An Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court in Ibadan on Tuesday remanded two men, Opeyemi Ayinla and Abdulahi Sanni, in a correctional facility for allegedly stealing two motorcycles while armed with weapons. Ayinla, 28 and Sanni, 25, whose addresses were not provided, were charged with conspiracy and armed robbery. The Magistrate, Mrs Olasinmibo Sanusi-Zubair, did not take the plea of the defendants for want of jurisdiction. She, however, directed the police to return the case file to the office of the Director for Public Prosecution, for legal advice. She adjourned the case until Oct. 21 for mention. The Prosecutor, Insp Oladejo Balogun, had…

Read More

Fenerbahce defender Bright Osayi-Samuel has returned to training following a short injury layoff, DAILY POST reports. Osayi-Samuel has been sidelined since sustaining an injury in Fenerbahce’s 2-2 draw at Gotzepe last month. The Nigeria international has missed the club’s last three league games due to the setback. The versatile right-back was also unable to take part in Nigeria’s 2025 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin Republic and Rwanda. The 26-year-old was pictured in training on Tuesday. Osayi-Samuel is line to make his return to action in Fenerbahce’s Istanbul derby clash with Galatasaray on Saturday. Turkey: Osayi-Samuel returns to training,…

Read More

Former member of the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council, APC PCC, Ayobami Oyalowo, has revealed the real issue behind Nigeria’s rising inflation. While speaking on Channels Television’s The Morning Brief programme on Tuesday, Oyalowo stated that the probblem is not fuel prices but the continuous devaluation of the naira against the dollar. He said, “I don’t think the price of fuel is a major problem; what is not improving and what is causing most of this problem is the rate at which our naira is priced against the dollar. “I sat down yesterday to look at it clearly. We…

Read More

The Borno State Police Command has successfully re-arrested an escaped convict, Abubakar Mohammed, 27, who had been serving a prison sentence for culpable homicide before escaping from the Medium Security Custodial Center in Maiduguri. A statement issued on Tuesday by the spokesman of the Borno State Command, Ahmed Wakil, revealed that the convict escaped following the collapse of the center’s fence during the recent floods in Maiduguri. “On September 15, 2024, at around 3:00 p.m., a vigilant resident of Bulakara Ward in Gubio Local Government Area spotted Abubakar in Gubio town and immediately alerted the authorities. “In response to the…

Read More

Plans are underway to deploy the Quick Response Wing of the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, to the North-West region to enhance military presence in vulnerable communities, the Chief of Air Staff, Hasan Abubakar, has revealed. This was disclosed in a statement issued on Tuesday by the Deputy Director of Public Relations and Information for the Nigerian Air Force, Group Captain Kabiru Ali. The statement said Abubakar made the revelation during an operational tour of the Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI and the 213 Forward Operating Base in Katsina State. He revealed that the NAF has intensified airstrikes against criminal…

Read More