Estimated reading time: 3 minute(s)
A staff of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owo, simply identified as Tawa and her five-month-old baby have been killed by fumes inhaled from a generator.
Neighbours said the generator was bought last Monday.
The incident happened on Friday at Owo, Owo local government area of Ondo State.
The husband of the deceased was said to be in coma and admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of the Federal Medical Centre, Owo.
Sources said the couple purchased the generator on Monday and left it on before they went to bed on Thursday evening.
Witnesses said the family was found when their apartment was broken after they did not report for work on Friday.
It was Tawa’s elder sister who could not find both at their place of work that raised the alarm.
It was gathered that some co-workers went to their house in company of the elder sister and broke into the apartment where they discovered the family in critical condition.
The baby was found dead but the parents were lying unconscious.
They were later rushed to the FMC where the wife died few minutes later.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
FOOTNOTE: Do you want to share a story with us? Do you want to advertise with us? Do you need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348183319097 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org