The Nigerian military has arrested the wife of a wanted terrorist kingpin and intercepted ₦37 million in cash during coordinated operations across several theatres of operation between February 13 and 19, 2026.
The Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj. Gen. Michael Onoja, disclosed this during a weekly briefing on ongoing military operations nationwide.
Wife of wanted kingpin arrested in Benue
Onoja said troops of Operation Whirl Stroke arrested Aisha Auta, wife of a notorious wanted terrorist ring leader, during a clearance operation in Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State on February 19.
According to him, troops acting on credible intelligence stormed Kumeh village where suspected terrorists were reportedly operating.
“In a fierce exchange of fire, troops neutralised some of the terrorists, while others fled with gunshot wounds. During exploitation of the area, caches of arms and ammunition of various calibres were recovered,” he said.
He added that 11 suspects were arrested in the operation, including Auta, whose detention, he noted, is expected to provide critical intelligence on the group’s structure, logistics and sources of funding.
₦37m intercepted along Maiduguri axis
In a related development, the DMO said troops on routine patrol along the Maiduguri–Magumeri axis on February 16 intercepted five suspected individuals in possession of ₦37 million.
The suspects reportedly claimed the money was meant for distribution to vulnerable communities on behalf of an international non-governmental organisation, Action Against Hunger.
Onoja said the suspects and the recovered funds had been taken into custody for further verification to determine the legitimacy of the claim and rule out possible links to terrorist financing or diversion of humanitarian aid.
Drone, solar power banks recovered in Adamawa
Similarly, troops arrested one Mallam Dauda Usman Gubula at Madagali Motor Park in Adamawa State following a tip-off on the movement of terrorist logistics.
Items recovered from the suspect included two drones and 20 solar power banks, believed to be intended for insurgents’ operational use. He is currently in custody for further investigation.
Onoja further disclosed that a total of 39 kidnapped victims were rescued during the week under review across various operational theatres.
He said troops of the Joint Task Force, North-East, Operation Hadin Kai, sustained offensive operations against Boko Haram, Islamic State West Africa Province and Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad fighters, disrupting their freedom of movement and operational capacity.
In the North-West, troops of Operation Fansan Yamma intensified efforts to dismantle networks responsible for mass abductions, cattle rustling and attacks on rural communities.
The DMO also revealed that the Zamfara State Government donated 25 Armoured Personnel Carriers to support ongoing operations in the zone.
He conveyed the appreciation of the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, to the state government, noting that the additional assets would significantly enhance mobility and firepower in ongoing counter-terrorism and anti-banditry operations.
The military reiterated its commitment to sustaining pressure on terrorist and criminal elements nationwide, assuring citizens of intensified efforts to restore peace and security across affected regions.
Do you want to share a story with us? Do you want to advertise with us? Do you need publicity for a product, service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348183319097 Email: platformtimes@gmail.com
We are committed to impactful investigative journalism for human interest and social justice. Your donation will help us tell more stories. Kindly donate any amount HERE




